My birthday was a rather simple day. Someone I hoped that she would maybe come out with me couldn't make it and I didn't really ask my friends for a hang out (didn't even know who to ask as my buddy, Ken Hoong was in Kampar).Anyway, my mum prepared a simple steamboat at home and I spent most of the time of that seemingly-big day to me, surfing the Net and replying birthday wishes on my Facebook. Well, I didn't really get any birthday present except a wristband from a lovely girl who gave it to me a couple of days ago. That wasn't any big deal or sad thing to me though; I'm quite used to it.
Nine days later was Christmas Eve. I was glad that my family (even though without my dad who's working in S'pore) was able to go out together for a movie, Treasure Hunter using free movie passes (thanks to Digi Campus :P) and was followed by a simple Christmas Eve steamboat dinner at Ipoh Parade. By the way, that was also considered a simple celebration of my brother's success in getting straight A's in his PMR, a result better than mine (by having an A's more than me) which made me rather proud of him. Well, on the next day which was Christmas day, that girl I mentioned earlier couldn't make it and again, I was spending my time at home, on the Net. The next day of anticipation was New Year which I didn't have much idea about earlier and wasn't expected much surprises or fun.
Life is like a box of chocolate, you'll never know what you'll get. Forrest Gump and his mum were quite right about that. I thought I was only going to spend my New Year Eve at home without any huge and happening New Year count down as I couldn't get anyone to go to any official count down spots with me. My buddy, Ken Hoong had proven me wrong when he came back from his UTAR campus in Kampar within a couple of hours and was ready to go out for a New Year Eve celebration and final count down with me...Wuhuuu!!!! The earlier plan was joining my old Popular colleagues for a steamboat supper at MP in Greentown and then, head to a club or sort of a disco place. That was an exciting one, going to a place where only people with the privilege of above 18 can enter. We reached MP quite early before my Popular friends reached there. My friend thought that we'd better have the count down at our next destination first with some other friends. Once again, the car engine is started and a move is made, heading to Rum Jungle, located next to Lost World of Tambun.
My buddy spent one night at my house. The next day, I started my serious packing of my baggages as I'll leave Ipoh on the next morning to get back to INTI-UC, Nilai for my new semester. Later in the noon, I followed Ken Hoong back to his house to help him upgrading his laptop from Windows Vista to Windows 7. I was unsure if my CD works on his laptop but anyway, I gave it a try as he was attracted when I first showed him the features of Windows 7 Home Premium a week before that. After lunching at my friend's house with his dad's yummy fried bihun, we went to Ipoh Parade for a last minute shop before I leave Ipoh. We looked at some clothes while making a simple but rush window shopping as we had a plan of going for dinner at my home later after that. Then, I packed my baggages and spent one night in Ken Hoong's house. Leaving home this time made me feel a bit heavy-hearted as it was a long two-months stay and it finally ends. My next stay will be about a month and a half from now for Chinese New Year.
The next morning, Ken Hoong gave me a ride to railway station with my heavy bagpack and luggage. When the train arrived at the stop, I made a step into the train with my INTI friend, once again leaving Ipoh for future's sake. Once again, I'm opening the lid of my white laptop on the train and glad to be able to type this long post. Thanks to my family, I had a great stay. Thanks to my friends especially Ken Hoong, this holiday season was awesome. See you, Ipoh. To the one I once anticipated, good bye.
p/s : There were some down moments which I didn't really mention much but it really added the meaning of my stay in Ipoh this time. Thank you and you'll be remembered :)
Click Click! :P
Posted by






0 comments:
Post a Comment